Beauty Salon, Specialist Beauty Therapists, Decleor Facials, Nailtiques Nail Care, Orly Gel FX Nail Care
Lets face it, your wedding day is one of the most important days of your life, and you will want everything to be perfect! It’s a tall order too as the amount of things that need organising can be overwhelming, and most of us are not experts in wedding management. The bride needs to feel confident and relaxed throughout the big day and her dress has to fulfil a number of functions, looking amazing and being comfortable are high on the list of requirements.
This is why the wedding dress is a very specialised garment, and along with the design of the dress, a major aspect is body shape. Those who sell bridal dresses and outfits know all too well that what looks fabulous on Megan Markle, can be disastrous on a different body type.
It helps to determine which body type you fit into from these five categories, before choosing your dress:-
- Hourglass – Shoulders, chest and hips are around the same size, but the waist is smaller and well defined. Show off the waist here with dresses tightly fitted in this area, and corset style backs for a snug fit. Balance with sweetheart or V shaped necklines, and fishtail designs.
- Straight – Shoulders, chest and hips are a similar size and the waist is about the same too. Lots of pretty beading around the neck and chest area, and a full skirt look great here, or even a column shaped dress. White tailored suits also create a chic bridal look.
- Pear Shaped – The hips are wider than the shoulders and chest, so sleeves or shoulder detail with a fitted dress is best.
- Inverted Triangle – The hips are narrower than the shoulders and chest, meaning thicker straps or sleeves and a V neck or plunging neckline will minimise shoulders.
- Apple Shaped – The midriff section is the widest part with narrower shoulders and hips. A shorter style dress to show off legs is a good option for this shape, or a strapless dress to draw the eye. Empire shaped dresses that skim over the midsection are ideal too.
Don’t forget the effect that carefully selected accessories and hair embellishments can provide. These can make a bridal outfit stand out and ensure you look a million dollars!